About Cyber Essentials
Cyber Essentials is a foundation level certification designed to provide a statement of the basic controls your organisation should have in place to mitigate the risk from common cyber threats. This is achieved through a self-assessment process carried out under the guidance of our cyber security experts. Upon successful completion of the questionnaire you will receive the certification, allowing you to display the official Cyber Essentials badge on your documents and website.
How To Apply
- Add “Cyber Essentials” to your cart and complete your purchase
- You will then be able to download a copy of the self-assessment Preparation Booklet, that you can use to get started on the assessment.
- Within 12 hours or 1 hour if you added Fast track, (working hours only) we will contact you to create an account for you on portal.iasme.co.uk . This is the online portal that you will submit your final answers to for assessment. PLEASE NOTE: You will be given 6 months to complete the assessment before it will be removed from the portal and you will need to apply again.
- If you added the extra help option you can fill out the preparation booklet and contact our assessors who will check it over and report any problems to you, before you copy the answers into the portal.
- Once you submit your assessment on the portal, our assessors will mark your answers against the scheme criteria via the online portal and produce a summary report of their findings. This can take up to 3 days. If you need it quicker please add Fast Track to your order. PLEASE NOTE: Once your organisation has submitted your answers, the assessor must mark this submission with a pass or a fail.
- If your assessment meets the Cyber Essentials requirements, you will be provided with a certificate of compliance. Your certification will be valid for 12 months from the date the certificate was issued.
- If your organisation fails the assessment, your organisation will have 2 days from the time of failure to remediate the identified failing point and resubmit for free (maximum of 1 resubmission), and if the changes are deemed acceptable then the assessor will produce you a report and certificate
- If on second submission, your organisation is deemed not to be Cyber Essentials compliant, the assessor will mark your organisation as having failed certification. There is a minimum wait of 30 days before your organisation can reapply.
*Organisations that are certified to Cyber Essentials will automatically receive Cyber Insurance if they certify their entire organisation, are domiciled in the UK and their annual turnover is under £20m. You may opt out of this offer.